MasterClass in Finance for the Non-Financial Managers (3-5 Days)
Finance for Non Finance Managers
MasterClass Background For Finance For Non Finance Managers
In today’s competitive business world firms are under unprecedented pressure to deliver value to their shareholders and other key stakeholders. Senior executives in all parts of the organisation are finding that they need some degree of financial know how to cope with the responsibility placed on them as business managers and key decision-makers; monitoring and improving business performance, investing in capital projects, mergers and acquisitions and budgets. All require some degree of financial knowledge.
The MasterClass is a highly interactive and participative workshop that is designed to give senior executives an understanding of, and the practical ability to use, the key business financial skills to improve their business decision making.
The MasterClass uses a combination of participative seminars, discussions, case studies and problem solving to ensure that delegates learn and develop the confidence to use the various principles and techniques.
Who Should Attend this MasterClass in Finance for the Non Financial Manager?
- Executive Management
- Strategy Directors / Heads
- Business Owners / Managing Directors
- Operations Directors
- Operations Managers / Supervisors
- Executive Assistants / Executive Personal Assistants
- Commercial Managers
- Team Leaders / Supervisors
- General Managers
- Functional Leads
- Project Mangers / Directors
- Business Analysts / Consultants
- Procurement Professionals
- Change Managers and Consultants
- Administration Managers
- Management Consultants
- Finance Support Staff
- Plus anyone who requires a fundamental understanding of business finance.
By Attending This Highly Interactive MasterClass You Will Be Equipped With The Skills To:
- Understand fundamental business finance concepts; understand, analyse and interpret financial statements: Profit Statement, Balance Sheet and Cashflow Statement
- Understand the vital difference between profit and cashflow; identify the key components of working capital and how they can be managed to generate strong cashflow
- Evaluate pricing decisions based on an understanding of the nature of business costs and their impact on gross margin and break-even sales; managing pricing, discounts and costs to generate strong business profits; understand how lean manufacturing methods improve profit
- Use powerful analytical tools to measure and improve the performance of their own company and assess the effectiveness of their competitors
- Apply and interpret techniques for assessing and comparing investment opportunities in capital projects, business acquisitions and other ventures; understand and apply common methods of business valuation
- Understand the role of business finance in formulating and implementing competitive business strategy; the role of budgeting as part of the planning process and the various approaches to budgeting and performance measurement
- The MasterClass is a highly interactive and participative workshop that is designed to give senior executives and understanding of and the practical ability to use the key business financial skills to improve their business decision making.
- The MasterClass uses a combination of participative seminars, discussion, case studies and problem solving to ensure that delegates learn and develop the confidence to use the various principles and techniques.
Business and finance fundamentals
Managing and improving cash flow
Managing and improving profit
Measuring and managing business peformance
Investment appraisal and business valuation
Budgeting and forecasting methods
Finance for non finance managers will help organisations to build more competitive and powerful organisations.